Exterior Wall Consulting
Exterior Wall Systems must meet structural, bulk water, vapor, air, and thermal requirements. The coordination of the different elements and systems that comprise the exterior wall assembly and the interface of the exterior walls with the roof, windows and doors, waterproofing, and other exterior wall systems must be carefully considered.
Our expertise extends to:
Panelize Metal (ACM)
Cast in Place Concrete
Glazed Storefront and Curtainwall Assemblies
Exterior Sealants and Coatings
RJH can perform the following services:
- Building envelope assessments in accordance with ASCE/SEI 30-14, Guideline for Condition Assessment of the Building Envelope.
- Water intrusion investigation in accordance with ASTM E 2128, Standard Guide for Evaluating Water Leakage of Building Walls
- Water Penetration Testing in accordance with:
- AAMA 501.2, Quality Assurance and Diagnostic Water Leakage Field Check of Installed Storefronts, Curtain Walls, and Sloped Glazing Systems.
- ASTM E E1105, Standard Test Method for Field Determination of Water Penetration of Installed Exterior Windows, Skylights, Doors, and Curtain Wall by Uniform or Cyclic Static Air Pressure.
- AAMA 511, Voluntary Guideline for Forensic Water Penetration Testing of Fenestration Products – Optional Sill Dam Test.
- Air Leakage Testing in accordance with:
- ASTM E783, Standard Test Method for Field Measurement of Air Leakage Through Installed Exterior Windows and Doors
- ASTM E1186, Standard Practices for Air Leakage Site Detection in Building Envelopes and Air Barrier Systems
- Adhesion Testing in accordance with:
- ASTM C1521, Standard Practice for Evaluating Adhesion of Installed Weatherproofing Sealant Joints
- ASTM C1860, Standard Test Methods for Measurement of Tensile Strength or Bond Strength of Portland Cement-Based Plaster by Direct Tension
- ASTM D4541, Standard Test Method for Pull-Off Strength of Coatings Using Portable Adhesion Testers
- Construction Document Development, including drawings and specifications
- Design Peer Review
- Bid Procurement
- Contract Administration
- Quality Assurance Observation